Friday, May 29, 2009

Halma's Vegetables.

A couple days ago, I had a day off work and  had been looking forward to using the free time to cook some delicious food! I remembered seeing a sign for fresh asparagus on the highway earlier in the week at Halma's Vegetables, and decided to make the short trip to pick up a bundle for supper.

Halma's Vegetable Farm
Where: Cranford, Alberta
Contact: Phone (403) 223-8264 
Products: Fresh Produce
Season of Operation: Year Round
Hours of Operation: July-September: 8:00am - 6:00pm  
Winter Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm   
(Monday - Saturday)



Every time I drive past Halma's (more times than I could even guess!) I think about stopping in but never have. I was instantly charmed as I pulled up - it's the most adorable place! There's a little red barn in the middle of the yard that serves as the store, and the property is surrounded by beautiful, living prairie landscape. At the moment they only have a few varieties of potatoes, onions and asparagus, but will have more selection as the season progresses. I'm especially excited about Halma's because it's such a short drive from home!






No comments:

Post a Comment